Ok I was just playing with Gmail’s ‘Priority Inbox’ and was wondering if I can access all my Priority emails on iPhone and luckily I found out a way to access it. Well Priority Inbox is Gmail’s latest feature that figures out which of your messages are important, and presents them at the top of the screen so you don’t miss them.
Here are the steps to setup priority inbox:
- All you need to first enable ‘Priority Inbox‘ feature on Gmail on you Browser in PC/MAC/Linux. If you haven’t yet activated it then you will see the notification on top-right when you login to Gmail.
- Once you activate the ‘Priority Inbox’ you will see on Priority Inbox on left pane just below the Inbox
By default, once Priority Inbox is activated, it can figure out which mails are important and automatically puts them on Priority Inbox. But google has also given you the power to define which mails are important and which are important.
- You can mark mails important by first selecting the mail that you want to to treat them as important then click on button. Similarly you can remove mails from priority inbox by first selecting the mails then clicking on .
- Once you are done with the aforementioned steps, Just launch Mail app on you iPhone.
- Click on MailBoxes button and scroll-down a bit and there you will see Gmail Folder and inside Gmail Folder you will a subfolder by name ‘Important‘
The Priority Inbox algorithm just pushes email to “Important” folder on Mac’s Mail and iPhone’s Mail app.