A Race Between Geohot & P0sixninja – Who Dumps The iPad 2 Bootrom First ?

by monis on May 2, 2011 · 11 comments

Filed in: Cydia,iPad 2,News

After the closure of comex’s iPad 2 exploit by Apple, those people who were desperately waiting for the iPad 2 JailBreak completely lost the ray of hope. On another side, P0sixninja bootrom exploit for the JailBreak emerge out to be the slowest process ever. Considering the slow progress, he decided to challenge Geohot who earlier shifted his focus from iPhone to PS3 after the limera1n. Posixninja said that the race will urge him to work even more harder if Geohot accepts his challenge.

Later on, Geohot accepted the challenge to dump the iPad 2 bootrom. The fact can’t be neglected that Geohot is one of the worthy opponent when it comes to a race. However, Geohot doesn’t have an iPad yet but he will be getting one really soon.

Are you one of the folks who are waiting for iPad 2 JailBreak ? Let’s know!

paul brady May 2, 2011 at 6:28 pm

hiya im waiting for the ipad 2 jailbreak i got the 64gb version on day one its a mega piece of kit but to have it all unlocked would be a bonus please keep me informed

monis May 2, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Yes, we will :)

J May 2, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Damn the lack of a jailbreak is killing me. I need this iPad

kashaan tajammul May 2, 2011 at 7:42 pm

waiting desperately! the iPad 2 is an excellent gizmo but really needs tweaking. I was really optimistic about Comex’s userland JB, till Apple patched the exploit. I’ve been glued to i0nic, p0sixNinja and geohotz updates. Hope they find something soon.

Dtrash May 2, 2011 at 7:47 pm

My ipad 2 is coming this week
Ley go hackers!

sam May 2, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Hey whats the hold up if commex jailbroke it then we cant we, i mean just post the instructions on how to jailbreak it.

Aldo May 2, 2011 at 8:25 pm

i really cant wait no more……. when do you think that we will see sydia on ipad 2?

many thanks and all the support to developers keep it up the apple products ment to be jailbroken lol

iphoner May 2, 2011 at 8:58 pm

why won’t comex tell us about why he won’t release 4.3 jailbreak or atleast expoloit….. so apple patched it big woop most people looking for ipad2 jailbreak are still on 4.3. Ive heard rumors they cant release it because of copyright but that sounds like some bs to me. if its about copyright can’t they just release it anonymously or something?

Kon May 2, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Sam, read the post carreeffullly, and maybe you’ll get the answer to your statement…

dhami1222 May 2, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Really appreciate the efforts these people r makin out. Had my iPad 2 for almost 3 weeks now, been checking like crazy for a genuine jailbreak. I’ve not found the jailbreak yet but yes off course now I’ve genuinely found the team behind it.

Keep up the effort guys it’ll be a great moment to celebrate..

monis May 3, 2011 at 12:16 am

Right, guys! We will surely able to see some cydia tweaks/apps on iPad 2 soon.