Indications towards the launch of a new product seems to be very solid if we consider the Apple plans of its 10th retail anniversary on Thursday, 19th. Apple Store (U.S.) have been advised to follow the instructions strictly. Usually, Apple doesn’t launch products on these occasions but this has a different story altogether. ¬†New Macbooks, iMacs and iPad 2 have already been released in these previous months. So, predicting about the launch of a new product fails our mind.
The instructions are as follows :
1) An overnight shift has been planned for 10-15 people to work overnight till mil-sunday from late saturday.
2) Employees are requested to lock their cell phones in the main office. Also, need to sign an NDA with Apple.
3) In the overnight shift, there will be separate roll for each of the manager, visual staff, a business team member, a few genius team member etc.
4) Apparently, they have also received a hardware which they need to put under lock and key until after close on saturday night. They will also be getting more hardware in the coming days.
5) They are also advised to put curtains on the Apple Store so that people doesn’t able to see that what is actually happening inside.
6) They need to download a ‘training’ data in gigabyes which is password protected in a zip format. It will be unzipped only after saturday afternoon.
7) All Apple Stores also have a mandatory meetings on Sunday, May 22nd. Mostly, have been scheduled in the morning but some are in the evening as well.
Hopefully, it is not a next generation iPhone which shall be launched in September. Is it a right time for major launches when WWDC (World Wide Developer Conference) has been scheduled for the next month ?