Some of the studies over the internet have revealed that the notification in the iDevices are inappropriately displayed to the user, that is, one should be able to read and reply those alerts at the same time. Hajas, one of the iOS developer has developed a tweak known as ‘Mobile Notifier‘ which does the handling of these notification in the right way. According to him, they should be visible at above the multitasking bar of the iPhone for reading them later on. The final version of the tweak has been released with some major updates which includes mobile reply, full message text, redesigned minimal alert, etc.¬†
What’s new in this version ?
1) Mobile Reply : Now, you can reply to people within the application using the Mobile Notifier 5.
2) Full Message Text : You can now read the full message in the alert.
3) A new way of displaying alert.
4) A brand new alert alert dashboard inspired through the lockscreen view.
5) Dismiss the alerts right from the pop up. You don’t need to go the dashboard to do it.
6) Recall the last alert with an activator icon. Then use MobileReply to reply it.
7) It now supports calender invitation alert.
8) Much faste than before.
Hajas clearly said that this is the last release of MobileNotifier from his side. He is no longer interested in developing the notification user interface further. Earlier, it was rumored that he had left the project due to being offered from Apple to work with them to improve their notification service in iOS 5.0. Hajas also ended his words saying ‘stay hungry, stay foolish’, the last words that¬†Steve Jobs used to end his 2005 Stanford Commencement Address. We are still left in a doubt that he will continue the project to other level or not. But for now, it seems to be a big NO!