As you must be knowing by now, the most awaited jailbreak Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 for iOS 5.0.1 is here which jailbreaks iOS 5.0.1 untethered. Here are the few easy steps for you to proceed with it. Despite this tutorial, if you are on iOS 5.0.1 tethered JailBreak on any iDevice, you can simply install ‘Coron’ from Cydia under BigBoss repository. And those who have just updated, they can follow it.
1. Make sure your device is running on iOS 5.0.1. If not updated, do it first.
2. If you rely on Gevey Sim or ultrasn0w for unlock, make sure u update only using custom firmware to preserve your baseband.
4. Connect your device to your computer
5. Start Redsn0w click on jailbreak and then Next
6. Switch off your device & follow the on screen instructions for putting it into DFU mode
7. Click on Install Cydia & wait for your device to jailbreak & reboot.
Thats it! your device is now jailbroken untethered.
PS: The untethered JailBreak is meant for A4 devices. It would not JailBreak iPad 2 and iPhone 4S.
Let’s know if you face any issues in the comment section. We would reply you shortly.