Well, if you are one of those folks who rely on Gevey Sim or Ultrasn0w and preserved your BaseBand using the custom firmware made from Redsn0w or Pwnage tool, you might be facing issues with the push notifications. Due to the fact that push notifications are not working, other services like iMessages and FaceTime could’t work. Thanks to SAM method which is still working on iOS 5.0.1.
1) We are assuming that your iPhone is already activated using the hacktivation method from Pwnage tool 5.0.1. Also, you can check this out in the SAM by navigating to Settings>SAM and More Information. Here you will see the ActivationState as ‘WildCardActivated’. If it is not, you need to activate it.
2) Now, you need to download SAM on your iPhone 4. To download SAM, open Cydia, go to Sources, edit and Add¬†http://repo.bingner.com¬†repository. Once updated, you are all set to proceed further.
3) Search for SAM in Cydia and install it.
4) If you had previously installed any iPusher.app, you need to uninstall it now.
5) Go to Settings>SAM>Utilities, tap on BackupActivation and then Restore Activation label.
6) When you are done, switch off your iPhone and turn it ON again. This time you need to sync it with iTunes.
7) Now, install iPusher.app
8) Again reboot the iPhone and then sync with iTunes. Your PC/Mac where iTunes is installed should be connected to the internet connection.
9) In the iPusher.app, you need to tap on push notification button which will finalize that push has started working on your iPhone. If it displays the message “yay! push notification is working fine”, it means that everything is working fine.
Let’s know in the comment section if you experience any of the issues or have any confusion. We will reply you shortly with the solution. Once push notification is activated, iMessage and FaceTime will start working as well. You need to check this by turning them ON from the settings itself.