The Gevey Sim method could have grown old, but it is the only method right now which allows iPhone 4 to be unlocked on basebands other than 1.59.00. Now, these people who develop Gevey Sim have come up with yet another solution for your iPhone 4S which is far more efficient than previous Gevey Sim. The Gevery Sim for iPhone 4S is called ‘Gevey Ultra S’ that claims to unlock iPhone 4S on various baseband such as 1.0.11, 1.0.13 and 1.0.14.
Since long, DevTeam hasn’t updated us with the current progress in software unlock for iPhone 4S. Till the time their exploit is completed, one need to rely on other solutions and Gevey Ultra S is one of them. Prior to the launch of this sim interposer in the market, they have created a buzz just to let other know about its existence in future. And the tremendous improvement it provides over the previously released Gevey Sims. These improvements are as follows:
1) With Gevey Ultra S, you won’t need to dial 112 for the iPhone 4S to be unlocked. Just insert the sim interposer with the desired sim and the signals would show up within seconds. It’s simple and easy.
2) The battery drain has been reduced drastically. Unlike others, it uses F981 chipset which causes negligible batter drain. In fact, you won’t feel any difference in the battery from the people who are using a factory unlocked iPhone 4S.
3) It supports iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1. The unlock on future software can’t be guaranteed due to its non-availibility. Also, the baseband would be upgraded for sure in iOS 5.1.
4) There’s no need for JailBreak. It means that you wouldn’t void your warranty in any case. It works on the principle of plug and play. Remove the original sim tray, use the sim interposer instead and rest would happen by itself.
5) All services including 2G and 3G are compatible. Event the network reception is better.
6) Confirmed to be working with iPhone 4S GSM on every sim card.
Gevey Ultra S would be available at a price tag of $54.99. Right now, you can pre-order it from here. We would advise to wait until the credibility of the method is confirmed once it hits the market. There are hell lots of locked iPhone 4S devices which must be waiting for this solution. And people may not mind shelling out these much bucks from their pockets for it.
Would you opt for it? Let’s know in the comment section.