FakeLocation lets you to fake your GPS location

by Abhishek on December 17, 2009 · 7 comments

Filed in: Apps,Cydia,Reviews

FakeLocation IMG_0024

FakeLocation is a cool tweak which will take the fake GPS Location whatever you chose. The reason why you would do this because of the black-out restrictions in the MLB or NBA apps and other. Suppose want to watch baseball games at work, but they’re blacked out since the app looks at the GPS and sees that you are in the blackout zone. This will allow you to bypass blackout restrictions for any sport app.

It opens Google Maps and allows you to fake a location for a specific app. Now we can watch sports that we want to no matter what state you’re in!

I tried testing with Camera GPS app, I’ve set the Fake Location, but Camera GPS shows that I’m using Fake Location :P.

FakeLocation is available on cydia under modmyi repo, comes with 10 day trial period,after that you’ve to pay 2.79EUR

IMG_0023 FakeLocation_select

LocationChooser IMG_0030

IMG_0031 IMG_0022

james January 27, 2010 at 10:12 pm

I installed the app, but the map shows up all blue and I cannot see where I am moving the pointer to select the fake location. Any ideas?

andrew March 17, 2010 at 3:11 am

you have to zoom it way out. the default location is in the middle of the ocean near africa.

Boob August 8, 2010 at 12:33 am

Sounds awesome — and the iPhone needs something like this!

However, this doesn’t actually work. Tried it with several apps and it didn’t work with any of them. :(

xYike September 22, 2010 at 9:46 am

>> However, this doesn’t actually work. Tried it with several apps and it didn’t work with any of them.

Ditto. The app actually tells other apps that you are located elsewhere … that part works. But if the apps is looking for a feed from the GPS and wants information from it actively (like foursquare or waze for example) it will not work like you want.

Rika November 8, 2010 at 7:20 am

is there an app like this for blackberry?

Gabriel Butler February 23, 2011 at 6:37 pm

I cannot set my fake location I press set and nothing happens… My fake location is near Africa or something…. please help?? :(

Nessuno April 5, 2011 at 10:13 pm

@ Paul, this is not available in the US… where are you located?